Friday, August 28, 2009

Pickle Combo of the week!


This week I decided to put together a more traditional pickle combo. I call it "Red Flannel Tuna". Here's what you'll need:
~Two cans of tuna.
~Mayo
~Fresh Pepper
~ (and of course)Horman's Best Red Flannel Pickles.

Okay, let's see if I can give clear directions. Take the tuna, put it in a bowl, mix in 3 table spoons of Red Flannel brine. Mix in 2 1/2 table spoons of mayo, along with 1/2 a cup of chopped Red Flannel pickles. Finish with a few cranks of fresh ground pepper. Finally, prepare yourself for a simple dish with a sweet twist.
I am not going to tell you how to eat your tuna, but here's what I do. I love tuna melts. For this lovely melt I used some pumpernickel bread, fresh ripe red tomato, and pepper jack cheese. And of course I added a classic Horman's Best Sour Pickle on the side as a counter balance to the sweet Red Flannel Tuna. Guaranteed to make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment